Why Is Everyone So Hyped Up About Twitter?
Twitter is the social media craze, and everyone seems to be talking about it. But what is Twitter, and why is everyone so excited about it?
Twitter is a social networking site that allows users to post short messages, or “tweets,” of up to 140 characters. These tweets can be read by anyone who follows you on Twitter, and they can also be embedded on other websites.
Twitter is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, and to follow your favorite celebrities, athletes, and bloggers. You can also use Twitter to find out what’s happening in the world, or to get ideas for your next blog post or article.
The best thing about Twitter is that it’s quick and easy to use.
You can post a tweet in just four steps:
* Open Twitter on the web or download the free app for Android, iOS, Mac OS X, or Windows.
* Type your message into the “What’s happening?” box. Anything you write will be posted as a tweet!
* If you want to follow other people on Twitter, enter their user names after you tap the “Who do you want to hear from?” box.
* Tap Send! Your message will instantly appear on your profile page and can be viewed by anyone else who uses Twitter. That’s it! It doesn’t get any easier than that!
But what if you don’t know what to say?
Here are some tips:
* Use hash tags (or “pound” symbols) like #writing or #reading to make it easy for other people to find your message.
* Give people plenty of time before you tweet; don’t overload their inboxes!
* If you’re tweeting about something that would interest all Twitter users, then use the hashtag #socialmedia. For example, let’s say you just wrote an article about how to get more followers on Twitter. You can use the hashtag #socialmedia when you tweet about it so that other users will know it’s available.
* Some websites allow you to embed video games and other interactive content in your tweets. Check out this blog post by Charlie O’Donnell of First Round Capital for examples of what you can do with embedded tweets.
The number of people using Twitter is growing every day, and it’s a fantastic resource for writers.
These are some ways in which you can use Twitter?
* To make new friends who share your interests
* To promote yourself or your blog using other people’s Twitter accounts.
(The best way to do this is by starting a conversation with someone you admire, and asking them if they’ll share one of your messages about writing.)
* To learn more about what’s going on in the world around you.